Thursday, April 23, 2009

Save Our History

I received this note from a friend of mine. If you go to the comments page on the blog listed below there are two links for the petitions. Please Help.

Dear Fellow Comedy Fan,

There is an urgent movement afoot to save the historic Marx Brothers house from scheduled demolition. (Plus a baby companion movement, to rename the block it is on.) http://savemarxbrothersplace.wordpress.com/ Please consider "signing" these two petitions, both of which will soon be sent to the very mayor of New York City himself.And thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Hoping you will forgive my one-time dabbling in world affairs, Emo

2 comments:

ChgoMagic said...

Neil left a comment on Quote me, but it actually belongs here.

"Dorny said that Houdini had a wake? With an open c... Dorny said that Houdini had a wake? With an open casket? I'd never heard that before -- and it runs counter to Jewish tradition. Interesting."

ChgoMagic said...

Neil,

That's what was said in the talk. I have to check the books. I wonder if there are any photos.

Bill