Friday, December 29, 2006

Soapbox Quote Me

Hey, it has been a while since I got up on my soapbox, but I wanted to make sure we all started 2007 correctly. Much of my thoughts this coming year will center on not only magic history, but responsibility you have when you live as a magician, and what makes good, good. Two places to start:

1. Eric Mead's book Tangled Web (especially his essays)

2. The Jon Stetson interview, Magic January 2007. Use this quote to start your year and restart the way you approach your magic. If you don't want to listen to me. Listen to him.

"Magicians who think the show is all about them are wrong.
It's not about you, it's about the people who come to see you--your audience."

Have a safe and happy new year.


(And for you non-magicians, I hope to have some stuff for you also.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toally agree with Stetson's comment and your recognition of it. Hope other's "hear" it.

jeff